Tuesday 6 October 2015

Am I Smelling SOUR MILK?? Not anymore :)

15 smelly hockey jerseys…..ridiculously smelly.  Seemed like a combination of good old hockey sweat and sour milk.  Like, sippy cup accidentally left in a hot car for a week sour milk.

 
So….on a whim, I decided to use my fabric softener dispenser (which never gets used) for a new purpose.  I filled the little dispenser with apple cider vinegar and 8 drops of tea tree oil.

The combination of my homemade laundry soap and the apple cider/tea tree rinse was pretty impressive!

The jerseys came out smelling a lot like tea tree.  Uh oh, some of these hockey players are going to hate me!! 

I hung them to dry overnight.  The next morning, I couldn’t smell overpowering tea tree anymore.  And guess what else?  Not an ounce of “hockey” smell left either!  Now THAT is a “sniff, sniff hooray” moment.  I’d be lying if I said I hadn’t given them a few more sniffs before putting them away!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment